Lawton Soccer Club offers a comprehensive Competitive program designed to create a high level training environment to take all players to the next level. Lawton Soccer Club’s "Legacy" is a Competitive Soccer program for players ages 11 through 19 - the highest level of soccer offered at LSC. The Club will prepare players for high school, intercollegiate and future professional soccer opportunities, while developing important life skills including character, persistence, discipline and teamwork.
Legacy Competitive teams practice 2-3 times per week, with a licensed coaching staff. League games are generally played on Saturdays with occasional Sunday games. Home games are played at the Big Green Soccer Complex in Lawton OK, while away games can take you to all corners of the state. Tournaments are very important to the LSC development of all our players. All Teams will compete in at least 2 tournaments every season.
All competitive players participate in a tryout process where our coaches evaluate and place players according to individual skill level, attitude, and experience. Tryouts for competitive soccer are held each summer and the program is a "Year Long" program running with the school year (Fall-Spring).
Under the guidance of our Competitive Director, Director of Coaching, and licensed coaches, our Legacy teams are exposed to a wide array of soccer knowledge and experience. Our staff consists of coaches who have playing experience as well as coaching experience ranging from competitive to collegiate. LSC coaches will be held to a high degree of accountability. The coaches will maintain a high level of professionalism and will keep their role as a coach in perspective. Our coaches will be positive role models in personal management, ethics, appearance, and behavior.
The LSC Legacy uniform kit is $200. Complete kits consist of two pairs of socks, two pairs of shorts, and Home and Away jerseys.
A uniform kit is required for LSC Legacy competitive players and is not included in club fees. The uniform kit is renewed every other year and good for two seasons. Additional or replacement items may be purchased at any time.
Competitive Program Fees
Lawton Soccer Club is committed to providing amongst the most affordable Competitive Programs in the state of Oklahoma. Detailed fee disclosure forms are available at the LSC Clubhouse, or by contacting the Club Registrar. Unlike our standard recreational programs, the Legacy Registration fee covers the full league year to include Fall and Spring season. In addition to the season registration fee, LSC Legacy players also incur coaching, and field usage fees. Furthermore, Tournament fees, are collected throughout the season at the team level (Coach or Team Manager).
Season 2022/23 Competitive Fees
*Fees include each Player's registration fees, league fees, referee fees, and field usage fees. They also include training fees, administrative expenses, maintenance expenses, insurance expenses, and other overhead expenses necessary to operate and maintain the organization.12U - 15U Fees $1050 $250 due upon acceptance of position The remaining $800 can be paid in full or 2 installments of $400 (August, November), or 4 installments of $200 (August, October, November, January) 16U - 19U Fees $700 $125 due upon acceptance of position Remaining $575 can be paid in full or 2 installments of $287.50 (August, November) All training fees may be paid online at LawtonSoccerClub.org or in person to the Lawton Soccer Club Registrar, Secretary, or other LSC Representative assigned by the Registrar. You may choose to pay partial or full payment upfront. There will be a $10 late fee assessed, for any payment collected after the due dates listed above. Non-payment can result in suspension of the player from participation with the team.
SPRING and FALL LEAGUE SOCCER
LSC Legacy games are played in the Oklahoma Premier League through the Oklahoma Soccer Association. Exact game schedules, dates and times will be posted on their website oksoccer.com prior to each season.
Fall Game Dates: August - November
Spring Game Dates: February - May
The Registration "LSC Legacy Competitive Program" is not currently available.
The Lawton Soccer Club’s mission is to provide an exceptional youth soccer training experience in a professional and fun environment. Players will focus on individual skills improvement and the benefits of team play while developing an attitude consistent with a desire to improve yourself, your teammates, and all of those people in your life.
LSC Legacy registration is online and in person. You can access the system anytime by going to www.lawtonsoccerclub.org by choosing the Registration tab.
To register for competitive team tryouts, select the program 2022-2023 LSC Competitive Tryouts.
Questions? We are here to help!
LSC Legacy is a competitive soccer program. Differing from our standard Recreational program, players must attend a sanctioned team try-out session prior to player acceptance. Tryouts are overseen by the LSC Competitive Director, Director of Coaching, and Legacy Coaches. Those overseeing Tryouts will be looking for these 3 core subjects:
1. Ability level - players are assessed based on Technical, Tactical, Physical, Psychosocial and Psychological criteria appropriate for their age group.
2. Commitment level - players who consider soccer to be their primary sport and/or want to excel in the game with future aspirations, are a good fit for the Legacy program. Practice attendance is mandatory.
3. Sportsmanship - Above all else, Legacy coaches are looking for players prepared to contribute to a team atmosphere. Individual players do not make a team. All players on our Legacy teams are expected to push each other to get better and stronger as a unit. "There is no I in team". Coaches are looking for leaders to help achieve team goals.
Playing Up Philosophy and Policy
Lawton Legacy will not allow any player to register for tryouts at an older birth year.
1. Players must try out at their designated birth year. If a player is excelling in their own birth year tryout, the coaching leadership can consider their candidacy to be evaluated to play and be registered onto the older birth year team.
2. The player must be ranked a top 5 player in their own age group to be considered for playing up.
3. If a player is invited to participate in an older birth year Tryout, Coaches will initiate the evaluation at the older age group internally and will communicate with parents and the player accordingly. An invitation to tryout with an older birth year team, does not constitute acceptance to the team.